Error 630 - The port was disconnected due to hardware failure
1. Check that the modem is plugged in, and if necessary, turn the modem off, and then turn it back on.
2. Check if your modem is being given a bad init string - with a command that it does not support.
3. Check if another program is already using the modem, or, if the modem or serial port's resources configuration is incorrect.
4. Reboot your computer and try it again.
5. If that doesn’t work, go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Modems -> Diagnostics and get More Info from your modem. If it fails, your modem driver is corrupt and needs to be re-installed.
6. Update the modem drivers.